- Place a glass measuring cup of water next to dish to be tested.
- Turn the microwave on full power for one minute
- Check the temperature of the dish
- If the water is warm and the dish cool, the dish can be used.
- If the dish is slightly warm, it’s good for short period use only
- If the dish is hot, that means that it’s absorbing most of the heat instead of letting it pass through. Don’t cook with this dish.
пятница, 25 ноября 2016 г.
How to Test if a Dish is Microwavable
In relation to my previous posts on microwaving (on safety and cooking tips), here’s a tip on how to find out if a dish is microwave safe (metal and gold-trimmed dishes are a ready no-no).