BREAKFASTS: Approx 300 calories
- 1 poached egg, 2 slices lean ham and 2 grilled tomatoes, halved, served on a slice of wholemeal toast (no butter or margarine).
- 40g bowl of sugar-free flaked cereal (eg cornflakes) with skimmed milk, topped with a sliced apple.
- 100g low-fat plain yoghurt topped with a handful of frozen berries, 1tbsp crunchy oat cereal and 1tsp honey.
- 1/2 grapefruit, plus a bowl of porridge made with 30g oats, 125ml skimmed milk and 1tsp brown sugar.
- 4 rice cakes each spread with tsp low-fat spread and a thin layer of Marmite. Plus 1 banana.
- 2 Shredded Wheats with 125ml skimmed milk and 1 nectarine.
LUNCHES: Approx 400 calories
- 300ml minestrone soup, plus a salad made with 3tbsp canned chickpeas, 6 cherry tomatoes and unlimited rocket leaves, dressed with balsamic vinegar or a low-fat dressing of your choice (no oil).
- One wholemeal pitta filled with 80g tuna in water, drained, with red pepper, celery and lettuce, 1/2tbsp low-fat mayo and mustard to taste. Plus 1 banana and 1 plain digestive biscuit.
- 300ml carrot and coriander (or other vegetable) soup with a slice of wholemeal toast, served with 2tbsp reduced-fat houmous.
- Medium baked potato with 80g cooked skinless chicken and 2 sundried tomatoes in oil, drained. Limitless green salad (no dressing).
- Small can baked beans on a slice of wholemeal toast (no butter or margarine). Plus a bowl of fresh fruit salad.
- 2 slices wholemeal bread sandwiched with 2tsp reduced-fat mayo, a small, skinless, sliced chicken breast and as much green salad as you can pack in. Plus 1 small pot low-fat fruit yoghurt and 1 large slice cantaloupe melon.
DINNERS: Approx 450 calories
- Large handful of any type of veg, stir-fried in 1tbsp olive oil. Add a handful of wholewheat noodles and season with a little soy sauce.
- Spaghetti Bolognese made with 50g lean minced beef, half a tin of tomatoes, and plenty of onions, carrots, celery and red pepper to bulk it out. Serve with 75g (dry weight) wholewheat spaghetti.
- One fillet white fish (any type), grilled and served with half a tin ratatouille and 4tbsp brown rice.
- 200g tomatoes, 1 large onion and 200g baby new potatoes chopped and oven-roasted in 1tbsp olive oil. Serve with one cooked skinless chicken breast and undressed green leaves.
- Grilled salmon fillet (raw weight 125g) served with 4 boiled potatoes in their skins, plus a large rocket salad and 6 baby tomatoes drizzled with 2tsp olive oil.
- Stir-fry a red pepper and half an onion in 1tsp olive oil. Mix with 80g roasted chicken breast strips. Wrap in a large wholewheat tortilla with 1/2tbsp low-fat sour cream and 1/2tbsp guacamole.
SNACKS: Approx 200 calories
- 1 x 35g Snack-A-Jacks Popcorn and an apple.
- 55g pot of chocolate mousse (not low-fat) and a couple of plums.
- A bowl of chopped fruit salad with a 1tbsp (heaped) squirty cream and a handful of crumbled meringue.
- 1 chocolate digestive and 1 plain digestive biscuit.
- A pear, an apple and a handful of blueberries.